Friday, August 29, 2008

The Greydation Mani and Something for Mom

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Very recently I was introduced to the idea of a gradation mani - gradation of color from one nail to the next. Since I love a good play on words as much as I love grey nail polish, I decided to make my first gradation mani The Greydation Mani.



The colors used are, from thumb to pinky, Essie Great Expectations, RBL Concrete Jungle, RBL Stormy, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Gunmetal, and Color Club After Hours. Ideally, I would have had a color midway between Great Expecations and Concrete Jungle to make that color shift more gradual, but since I didn't, I used what I had. Not the best, not the worst, and I'm pleased with it as my first attempt.

The rest of this post is for my mom. Two months ago today my mom, Lucille, passed away. She always told me I should write, and I wish she knew about my little blog because I think it would make her happy. The fact that I write about nail polish, maybe not so much (I can just hear her say her annoyed, "Oh, Siobhan..."), but the fact that I'm writing at all would please her. I don't normally have the patience for a jelly polish, but for today's NOTD I did.



So if you haven't in a while, call your mother. Someday you might be glad you did.



That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment