Saturday, August 23, 2008

Some Random Sephora by OPI Swatches

Good afternoon, Dear Reader. Since this morning's post was as much for me as for you, I thought I'd offer you an afternoon post that's all for you.

These are six random Sephora by OPI (SOPI) swatches, two of them obviously a little older than the others. I did the best I could for you with respect to light on another partly cloudy day, Dear Reader, and hope you will forgive any inconsistencies in lighting. Let's start with the pictures, again in alphabetical order:













My impression again is that the application and deep pigmentation of these polishes is wonderful - two thin and easy to apply coats do the trick, with the exception on Fancy Schmancy, which is a bit sheer. I applied three coats of this one hoping to make it opaque, but still clearly have the dreaded VNL (Visible Nail Line), so I'll have to reserve it for layering. I was surprised at how much I like Caffeine Fix, which is the color of strong black coffee. It doesn't look black, as I was afraid it might, but coffee-colored. Beauty Junkie is a great dried-blood red (the photo is in direct sunlight, brightening it a bit), and will be a great staple color for the Fall. Because I Said So is a lovely red-wine shimmer, and has one heck of a name. That leaves us with On Stage and Call Your Mother, which are quite similar to one another. On Stage is just a little bit darker than Call Your Mother, and I think for most people, would be similar enough not to own both. However, since I am madly in love with the greyed-out shades we're seeing this fall, I'm glad to have both.

So there you have it - my SOPI swatches!

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment