Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear LE's, the Redheaded Stepchild of Fall 2008

Thank you, Dear Reader, for being patient with me as I stumble along learning how to post photos that are as large as possible without being cut off at their knees (or fingers, in this case). Having found a size that works, I thought I'd share with you the colors I chose from the Sally Hansen collection I described stalking in my first post. With all the attention the China Glaze, Misa, Color Club, and OPI new releases have been getting, I think these have been overlooked.
I bought four of them, and have showed you too-tiny versions of Emerald City and Gunmetal. The names of those colors speak for themselves: a sparkly true green and slightly bluish gunmetal grey. The other two I selected are Mellow Yellow, a washed out yellow shimmer, and In the Navy, a true navy shimmer. The yellow needs some help - as you can see, the white part of my nail still shows through three coats of it, so I will have to see how it works layered over white before calling it a dud. It's a beautiful delicate yellow and I'd like to salvage it. In the Navy is a true navy, not one of the "Is it black? Is it blue?" shades, and it's opaque in two coats so I'm quite pleased with it.
Here are all four of them:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's all for today. As a dear friends says, love and np!

No comments:

Post a Comment