Monday, August 18, 2008

A Comparison of Greens: So Many Greens, So Little Time

Good morning, Dear Reader, and welcome to another day in the life of The Nailphile. Yesterday, I wore my beloved Emerald City again, so this morning seemed like a good time to compare it to other greens, the goal being to find it out it's a dupe of some wonderful hard-to-find polish or unique in itself. Here are the contenders for comparison, SH Emerald City (EC), OPI Rainforest (OPI), Essie Dominica Green (DG), Rimmel Camouflage (RC), Sinful San Francisco (SF), and China Glaze Outta Bounds, which got knocked out of the running right off. As you can see, it's clearly a bluer green than the others.

Photobucket

So that leaves us with the five to look at, which turned out to be fortunate since I don't have a sixth finger on my left hand. I took photos in indirect sunlight and direct sunlight, looking both at all of them together and at each one as compared to Emerald City by itself. Unfortunately, I neglected to label the pictures with "Sunlight" and "Indirect Light," but I trust that you, Dear Reader, will be able to discern which is which.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

My impression is that the polish to which Emerald City is closest is OPI Rainforest, although the shimmer is slightly different. The sunlight picture with Sinful San Francisco is deceptive in that it makes SF look like a brighter green than it is, and although it and Emerald City are similar, the difference between them is indeed as obvious as it appears to be in the indoor photos. If you don't want to pay $40 for a Rainforest, Emerald City is very close to it for only $3, and will simply require a bit of stalking (but probably not $37 worth of stalking). I think Emerald City really is unique, but close enough to Rainforest to satify a lemming for it.

I'd me glad for your input on these pictures, Dear Reader, as well as any suggestions for other comparisons you'd like to see. For tomorrow, I have a pictures that show a surprising dupe for a high end limited edition polish, so be sure to check in then.

Have a happy day, and love and np to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment