Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Introduction

Hello, Dear Reader. I thought my first post should be an intoduction to you to let you know who I am and why I've decided I'd like to write a blog.
Quite simply, I'm a nailphile. I love nail polish and all things nail related, and I particularly love pictures of nail polish, so you can expect to see a great deal of those here. I have quite a collection of polish - my husband would tell it's "a warehouse full." It's a bit of polish, I admit, but I really don't believe that I could fill a warehouse (yet). I love each color in my collection, from the lowliest Wet N Wild to the trendiest Chanel, and each one makes me happy in its own way. I want to share my beloved colors and my enthusiasm for them with you, Dear Reader.
I started doing my nails once week at the age of 10 or 11, shortly after I quit biting them. I consistently did them once a week for over 25 years until my most fabulous, life-changing nail polish discovery came about a year ago: quick-dry topcoat. I'd always thought that it was hype, likely as effective as they "quick-dry" sprays, but then the rave reviews for Seche Vite and Poshe on Makeup Alley convinced me to give it a try, and I haven't looked back since. I now change my polish daily since I'm no longer held hostage for hours waiting for it to dry, and I get to savor different colors as finished as they suit my mood or my agenda for the day.
For me, my nails are an accessory like jewelry, only infinitely more versatile. They have the added benefits of being something I can take a quick glance at anytime to bring about a bit of distraction or color-induced cheer (which doesn't work quite so well with earrings...) as well as being a relatively inexpensive addition to an ensemble.
So I've address who I am and the enthusiasm half of why I wanted to write a blog. That means it's time for us to move on to the really fun part - the pictures! I've chosen a couple of pictures of my most recent acquisitions to show you - two Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes. "Why," asks Dear Reader, "does she choose a cheapy drugsore line for the first post?" I'll tell you: these polishes took me more effort to get than almost any that I have. I saw the display for them at an Ulta and knew I must have these two, but alas, the display was almost bare and my two were gone. I hunted for weeks at countless drugstores for them, never again finding the display, only finding a few others from this collection mixed in with the regular line. Then one day this week, I walked and I walked to go to a less frequented Walgreen's and what did I find? My two precious pretties disrespectfully crammed into the case with all the other Xtreme Wears. But I was filled with joy, for the hunt was over and my precious Emerald City and Gunmetal were mine!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment