Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OPI Gotta Get Pink: OPI's Ulta Exclusives for Valentine's Day 2009


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

Today has turned into the rare three post day!  I thought I was done with the last post, and I'm sure you did as well.  A little happy surprise came up that I thought I'd share with you, so three posts it is!

Last night of one of my message boards, a cell phone picture was posted of the OPI Gotta Get Pink display from an Ulta store, which is the OPI Ulta Exclusive Valentine's Day Collection.  The displays are never too big, so if you want 'em, you gotta snatch them up while they're available.  I have four Ultas within reasonable travel distance here (on the CTA, since I'm carless now).  I called the first three with no luck - they didn't have them in yet.  I had to wait an hour for the fourth, the new, giant State Street store to open, called, and was pleasantly surprised with the news that they just got them in this morning.  I took a little walk, hopped on the Red Line, and before I knew it, I was at the giant three-story Ulta with the new pink pretties in my hot little hands.  As soon as I got home, I swatched them for my friends on the message board, and I have the pictures  here for you now.

The good news is that the colors are better than they've been in the last two years.  I got mine last year at The Ulta That Time Forgot, and they had a 2007 display next to the 2008, and it was very difficult to see a difference between the sets - each had a sheer shimmery pink good for layering, a mid tone pink creme, and a bright pink.  This year, they have a super pale greyish pink, a slighly lilac jelly pink, and another bright pink, a bit different from the brights of the past two years (which had to be held side-by-side to see a difference).

The bad news is that the formula's a bit gluey to work with, and two out of the three bottles I used had wonky brushes.  Not unusable brushes, but wonky nonetheless.  Given that at least two of the colors really are unique, I'll forgive the crazy brushes - I was able to work with them and get good application without having to snip off any bristles.

On to the pictures!  Each is three coats over a base (as all green-label OPIs are three coaters for me) with no top coat photographed under artificial light.

First up is Gotta Get Pink! (I accidentally left the exclamation point of the title in the pic), which is a very pale greyish pink opaque creme.  This one's completely unique.

 



Next in line is Don't Think... Just Pink, which is slightly lilac and somewhat jelly in texture.  It's unique to my collection as well.

 


Closing in at the end is In Sync with Pink, a hot pink creme.  This is the least unique of the bunch, but a very striking shade.

 


So those are the OPI Ulta Exclusive offerings for Valentine's Day 2009.  I'm quite pleased with them, particularly the first two since they're different than anything else I own.  I'm sure I'll be using them in the next eleven days as I continue the Valentine's Day theme.

This time, Dear Reader, I really am done for the day.  I promise.  I have fun things planned for you tomorrow, and am looking forward to taking the pictures for the morning's post.  Until then, love and nail polish to you!





No comments:

Post a Comment