Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Shrewd Cookie


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm still away, but have a Konadicure that I did after one of last week's swatching episodes to show to you today.  It's one that turned out quite well, and let me take advantage of one of the fun Konad tip plates that I wasn't able to use before my last break.  It's not quite perfect, as the pattern is difficult to center perfectly before the polish starts to dry, but it's a heck of a lot better than the last time I used this pattern.

I started out with a base of SpaRitual Shrewd, which is a rich brown with a slightly silver subtle  shimmer.  I was tired after swatching when I took the pictures, and forgot to take the "hand-only" picture, but this one shows you Shrewd on its own.

 

I then went about the business of Konading it.  I decided that rather than use a silver to accent the shimmer of Shrewd, I'd use a gold to accent the brown.  The gold I used was FingerPaints Butterscotch Cookie, and I think the contrast is nice.

 



That's my One Shrewd Cookie mani for you.  Tomorrow, I'll show you my travel mani, which at the time that I'm writing this, I haven't completely decided upon.  I've chosen the base color, but I don't know what I'm going to Konad on it yet - if I have to wear the same thing for three days, it's got to be able to keep me entertained for that long!

That's all for today, Dear Reader.  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment