Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It *Is* Better Than Gold - It's Nfu-Oh #123!


Hello again, Dear Reader!

My perfectionism got the best of me in the wee hours of the morning today, and I couldn't stand my imperfectly centered stamping on my gold mani any longer and decided to change it.

As I was considering what to change it to, I saw a green Stargazer mani that really caught my eye (the only people up and posting on my message boards at 5 a.m. are overseas).  That made me think of one of my most fabulous untrieds, Nfu-Oh #123.  I promptly went about the business of changing to it.  This is three coats of Nfu-Oh #123 over a base topped with Seche Vite.

 

 

I wanted to find a way to make this mani consistent with my recent Valentine's Day theme (I'm going to try to keep that theme up all the way 'til the 14th), and so I went through the Konad and Fauxnad plates as I waited for the Nfu-Oh to dry enough to stamp.  I found just the right one on Fauxnad plate C01, but I swear I have at least one other C01 that's different.  In any case, I selected Konad White for the stamping.  I thinned it significantly (18 drops of Poshe thinner to a half full bottle) until it was the consistency of a thick regular polish.  Then I stamped away!

 

 

All nice and even, just as I like them to be!  As you can see, thinning the Konad polish did not affect its opacity, but did again prevent the smudging of the pattern with the final coat of Seche Vite.  I think I'm on to something!

That's all I have for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment