Monday, February 9, 2009

Nfu-Ohs and Konadicures


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have some pictures of Nfu-Ohs, as well as the Konadicures is did with them.  My poor little nubbins have finally grown enough to use the Konad tip plates, and I've had some fun using the ones that I could not use before my last break as well as experimenting with using some different "regular" polishes for the stamping.

I'll start with Nfu-Oh #126, a vibrant orange.  It took three coats to be completely opaque, and as you con see from the holding-the-bottle picture, it dried just a bit darker than it is in the bottle.

 

 

To it I decided to add the dot tip pattern from Konad plate M45, and for the stamping I tried FingerPaints Papier Mache instead of Konad white.  The results are just about the same as using the Konad polish.

 

 

I also used a Nfu-Oh holo over the weekend, #65, which is light blue.  It's holo-y goodness is unsurpassed by any other than perhaps Chanel Holographic, but even that is a close call.  Here's two coats of Nfu-Oh #65 on its own.

 


Since this one is so fantastic on its own, I just wanted to add a little accent to it with Konad, so I used a tip pattern, again from Konad plate M45, with SpaRitual Surreal as the polish for stamping.

 

 
One distinct advantage I've found to using regular polishes rather than Konad polishes for the stamping is that the regular polishes do not smudge when I finish the Konadicure with a thick coat of Seche Vite.  I allow no waiting time for the stamps to dry - once I finish the tenth nail, I immediately move on to applying Seche Vite to the first, and the regular polishes simply do not smudge.  I have found that adding quite a bit of Poshe thinner to Konad polishes also eliminates the smudging issue, which is useful for colors for which the Konad polishes are preferable (such as pink, where a regular polish will generally be too pale for stamping).

Those are my Nfu-Ohs and Konadicures for today.  I have sources for both linked on the right - fabuloustreet.com is the US distributor for Nfu-Ohs, and wowsocool.com is my favorite seller of Konad supplies.  I don't benefit if you purchase from either - I just want to pass on the information that they're excellent sources for these items.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader.  There are still a few hours (from the time this post publishes) to enter the drawing for a new bottle of Essie Cindy-rella, so please put your name in the hat if you have not already.

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment