Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lippmann Collection Spring 2008 & A Red Carpet Bonus


Good evening, Dear Reader!

I did get my swatching done today, and it was Lippmann Collection's Spring 2009 offerings, plus a little red carpet Lippmann Collection bonus.

Lippmann's spring colors are very nice and springy, and one of them is my favorite Spring color so far this season.

The first, P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) is a nice, even, almost-opaque light peach jelly.  This is three coats over a base.  Definitely a very flattering Spring color.

 

 

The second, Purple Rain, is my favorite Spring release this year.  It's a lavender frost, and I did a full mani with it.  This is three coats over a base about ten minutes after applying a top coat.  I found that the visible brush strokes inherent to frosty polishes diminished significantly as this one dried.

 

 

Now it's time for the red carpet bonus.  At the SAG Awards, Kate Winslet wore Lippmann Collection's Prelude to a Kiss, a sheer pink.  This one also has a jelly texture to it, and is not super sheer.  Here it is, three coats over a base.  Now I'm like Kate Winslet!

 


Finally, my post-swatching mani.  As I mentioned, I did a full mani with Purple Rain, and I just added a little Konad to it.  Since purple and blue are my favorite colors, I decided to stamp it with blue, using SpaRitual Surreal and a dot pattern from plate M60 that I haven't used before.  Here's the finished Konadicure.

 


That's all for tonight, Dear Reader!  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment