Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where's the Soiree? Nfu-Oh #56!


Good evening, Dear Reader!

I hope you've been having a good day.  I certainly have!

One good thing I accomplished today was some more swatching, but you'll have to wait a little while for that.  In the meantime, I had to do a mani after I finished my swatching, and I thought I'd give you a peek at it.  It's one of the most striking I've done, in my opinion (whatever that's worth...).

Since I'd just spent some time swatching and editing photos, I wanted to keep it simple.  I thought I'd take advantage of the one-coater black, Color Club's Where's the Soiree?, and top it with a a couple coats of a Nfu-Oh flaky - that would be simple enough, to do my usual three coats and just be done with it.  I picked Nfu-Oh #56 out of the box, examined it, and decided it would do.  Then I went to my little manicure spot on my loveseat (which is in terrible light), got an even and opaque black base in one coat, applied one coat of the Nfu-Oh, and took a look at it under the light to see how it was coming along before proceeding with the next coat.  What did I see?  A mani too cool to possibly do anything additional with!  The Nfu-Oh took only one coat to be sparkly, flaky green perfection.

So this, Dear Reader, is a grand total of two coats of color...

 

 

Isn't that the craziest thing?  It looks like so much more work than it was, and I'm really happy with it.  This is one of the manis that would be dangerous for me to wear whilst driving, as I'd be staring at my nails rather than watching the road!

That's the update for now, Dear Reader.  I have some fun things planned for tomorrow morning, and until then, love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment