Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OPI DS Divine - Japanese vs US Versions


Good evening, Dear Reader!

Why, oh, why, does OPI do this to me?  Look what they've done!  Here I have two clearly different polishes...

 

Why am I holding these two bottles together?  Let's look at the labels...

 

Do you see the little "JP" after the number on the left bottle?  OPI has done it again!  They've released different versions of a color in the US and Japan!

Take a look at just how different they are.  This is two coats over a base coat.



Maddening, isn't it?  It just makes me wonder what else has a little "JP" on it...

As usual, I have a strong preference for the Japanese version.  In two coats, it wasn't quite as opaque as I'd like it to be, so I layered it over two coats of Color Club Vintage Couture.  Here's the finished manicure.





Where did I get this little Japanese pretty, you ask?  I got it from sparkling*nails on ebay.  I just checked with her, and although none are listed right now, she'll be able to get her hands on a few more.  If you'd like one, contact her at sparklingnails@verizon.net for info to reserve one.

At least I can console myself that OPI didn't slip this one by me!  Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

EDIT: sparkling*nails has gotten in touch with me, and unfortunately she was only able to get one additional bottle of this for now, with the hopes of fanagaling a few more later.  Inititally, when I bought mine, she was told she'd be able to purchase a large quantity of them, but that fell through.  As a result, the remaining bottle is just going to be sold at auction.  I apologize for any disappointment or confusion my original statement may have caused you, Dear Reader.  I was working with the most recent facts I had, and in this case, they were outdated.  I am sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment