Saturday, February 7, 2009

Butterscotch Cookies & Cabernet, Plus Some Nubar News


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Sounds like a recipe for digestive disaster, doesn't it?  It's not!  It's just my Konadicure of the Day.

I started with a base of three coats of Elizabeth Arden Garden City Cabernet C, which I topped with a coat of EA's Split Second Speed Dry Top Coat, my first time using this top coat.  I had high hopes for the top coat, as I love the quality of EA products, but it was a great disappointment.  The first thing I noticed was that the color transferred from the nail to the brush as I applied it, even though I waited 3-4 minutes for the polish to set prior to applying top coat.  It did work in terms of drying the polish quickly, but it is not nearly as shiny as my favorite, SpaRitual Tout de Suite, or the others I use, Seche Vite and Poshe.

Here's Garden City Cabernet C on its own with the EA top coat.

 

 

To it, I decided to add the fishnet patterns from Konad plate M57, and I tried out FingerPaints Butterscotch Cookie for the stamping.  This was also my first time using FingerPaints polish to Konad, and I was happily surprised at how well it worked - I'd venture to say that it worked better than the Konad Gold Special Polish.  I finished it off with a coat of Seche Vite to add the shine that was missing, and here's my finished result.  Please forgive the typo in the title on the pic...

 

 

So that's today's KOTD!  It may be the KOTM (Konadicure of the Moment), as I have some polishes to swatch for you, so we'll see how long I keep it.

On to the Nubar news!  Unfortunately, I don't have any exciting word on the Corals or Cleopatra Collections we're all on the edge of our seats for, but I did find out something kind of cool (to me, with my great love of Nubar) I thought I'd share with you.  You know the movie He's Just Not That Into You?  There's a salon scene in it, and they used Nubar polishes for that scene.  It looks like Nubar's starting to get some well-deserved recognition!  If you want to read the full article about it, here's a link to it.  That was just a nifty little snippet I thought I'd share with you.

That's what I have for your this morning, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment