Thursday, February 5, 2009

Color Club Catwalk Queen Collection


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I've done some early morning swatching for you, and have pictures of Color Club's Catwalk Queen Collection, the second of their two Spring 2009 collections.

Before I get to the pictures, I'd like to tell you a few things about both collections in general.  First, all took no more than two coats to be opaque and even on me, which is a rarity - I do thin coats and most polishes are three-coaters for me.  Second, the application of these was flawless - the texture is just right, and the brush is good, which makes for an easy well-applied mani.  Finally, I was determined to look at these collections with a very critical eye, and to be honest, the only criticism I have is that there aren't more holos.  Given the quality of the three Color Club had given us in these two collections, I wish there were more - maybe they were just afraid of showing off!

That said, I'll get to the pictures.  Each of these is two coats over a base under artificial light.

First up is Front Row Diva, a pale grey/taupe color.  What's new and interesting about this one is that's it's paler than similar colors, and has the little twist of being a shimmer.

 

 

Next is Runway Muse, a very sparkly sheer, which I'll probably be using to add a little sparkle to other manis.

 


Third, I have Vintage Couture, a great pink creme with a touch of grey to it.

 


Next in line is Ready to Wear, another very shimmery sheer.  I think just one coat of this one will add sparkle to another mani.

 


That brings us to my two fvaorites of this collection, and I couldn't pick which one I like better.  The first of them is Fashion Addict, a fantastic silver holo with a touch of pink.

 


The second is Catwalk Queen, a vampy plum shimmer.

 


Now you've seen it, Dear Reader - Color Club's Catwalk Queen Collection.  I'm really impressed with both this and the Femme Fatale Collection.  I think Color Club has really stepped up with these two colections and shown us what they can do.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next!

That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment