Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Could Be Better Than Gold?


Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I decided that after my recent dark, girly, and silver manis, I was in the mood for a gold.  Then it occurred to me that I have a gold that's better than gold - a gold holo!  This one, H&M Creme de la Creme, came to me from Sweden, a surprise from a dear friend.  I just received it in the last week, and hadn't used it yet, so it seemed just perfect for today.

I used two very thin coats over a base coat and topped it with Seche Vite.  I must say that as I was applying it, I was grateful that these aren't available in the US, for they'd do some damage to my wallet if they were!   It applied just beautifully, and the need for a second coat was questionable.  I absolutely love it!  Here's Creme de la Creme on its own.

 

 

The light bright enough to show the true color of this polish washes out the holo effect to some degree - it's very sparkly.  I'd need lower light and poor focus to show that, and I decided not to hurt your eyes with such a picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I then decided to add a little Konad fun.  For the polish, I chose black to accent both the gold and the sparkle, and after much debate, selected a pattern from plate M32 that I've had my eye on for quite some time but have never had the nerve to use.  It's a little play on the racing stripe mani, but with a Valentine's Day feel to it.  My stamping job is imperfect - if I took the time to line up the patterns absolutely perfectly, the Konad polish would have dried too much to apply.  Imperfect as it is, I'm quite pleased with it.  Here's my final mani.

 

 

One noteworthy little fact I ran across in Konading today: I added a few more drops of thinner to my Konad black, enough to make it about the consistency of a regular thick polish.  It's so pigmented that thinning didn't affect the stamp, but I discovered upon adding the final coat of Seche Vite that there was none of the streaking that usually occurs with adding top coat to Konad polish.  I'll carry that happy little discovery over to my other Konad polishes as well.

That's what I have for you this morning, Dear Reader!  Until later, love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment