Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wet n Wild Rock Solid Razzle Dazzle Collection & A Surprise


Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I have a new holiday Wet n Wild Rock Solid collection for you, which I believe is called Razzle Dazzle (to the best of my recollection, anyhow - that's what we'll call it today!).  The display I saw had four colors, and I liked and got one of of each.  The pictures show two coats over a base without a top coat.  

One thing that really impressed me as I swatched these is how well pigmented they all are.  I must confess, the first Rock Solids I've owned were the Fall Mistress of the Dark ones I showed you a couple of months back.  For the price of $2.49 each (probably less for most of you, as the prices here are usually inflated by $0.50-$1.00), I'm extremely happy with the quality of these polishes.  The only down side?  They're only 0.33 oz each, versus the more common 0.50 oz, so the smaller bottles of the limited edition colors are more precious, even at $2.49.

On to the pictures!  I'll show them to you in the order of my preference - I like them all, but I think two are knock-your-socks-off colors.

First up is Rose Quartz, a pale frosty rose.  I waffled a bit on buying this one, but decided that it would make a good base for a Konad pattern, so I got it.  It reminds me a little bit of the colors my mother favored - another reason to pick it up.





Next is Red Rubellite, a very vivid red with a strong shimmer.  Probably not unique, but I'm a sucker for a great red.  One thing I noticed about this one is that in two coats, I have no VNL, which is often an issue for me with reds.  That gives this one bonus points in my collection!





My second favorite of these four is another that I was intitially a bit uncertain about: Golden Amber.  It's a slightly orange-y gold, but check out the sparkly shimmer it has!





Finally, my favorite of the bunch, Deep Garnet.  This shade is vampy enough to be vampy, yet still light enough to clearly be garnet.  And what a great shimmer!





Those are the Wet n Wild Rock Solids for the holidays.  I hope you run into them as I did!

So, in the title I mentioned a surprise.  What, oh what, could that be?  What's the most fabulous and hard-to-find color we've looked at recently, and even tried to find a dupe for?  Why, it's China Glaze's Moonpool!  I called it "hard-to-find" rather than "impossible-to-find" because I've managed to find it.  I have one that I traded for long ago, one that was a gift recently, and now I've found one to give to you, Dear Reader!  That's right - our next giveaway is for one brand spankin' new bottle of Moonpool, and it's open to readers worldwide.  I usually have been rooting for international readers to win our contests, since they don't have access to the nifty items I'm giving away, but this time I'm just rooting for any green lover who doesn't yet have Moonpool!  Your name will show on the entry list as you enter it (so you don't have to enter your full name), and your email addres will only be used to notify you if you're the winner.  The contest will be a random drawing, with one entry per reader, and I'll be taking entries for two weeks.  Good luck!





That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment