Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Savina Money Tree vs China Glaze Moonpool


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I recently posted a picture of China Glaze's Moonpool, and in response, my friend KathyWA asked about whether Savina's Money Tree was a dupe. I'd never before seen Money Tree, but went on a successful quest for it in order to find out. Savina is a brand I've only seen at Nordstrom Rack for about $4, so I went there today and was happy to find a bottle of Money Tree waiting for me there.

My first comparison was of the bottles side by side, where Money Tree is slightly yellower and more shimmery than Moonpool.



My next test was to look at each side by side on the nail under different lighting conditions and see how Money Tree stood up to Moonpool. Each is three coats topped with a coat of Seche Vite. I have Money Tree on my thumb, middle, and pinky (labelled "Savina"), and Moonpool on my index and ring fingers (labelled "China Glaze"). I first looked at them outside, in weak natural light, where the difference between them is distinguishable.



I then went inside, and looked at them indoors near a window, where the difference is harder to see.



Last, I took a picture under a the halogen lamp I usually use for artificial light, and the difference there is very slight - I don't believe I'd see a difference in this light unless I was looking for one.



My verdict is that Savina's Money Tree and China Glaze's Moonpool aren't quite twins, but they're very close sisters. If you're lemming Moonpool and unable to find it, Money Tree might just fit the bill until you run across one.

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment