Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Zoya Flourish Collection for Winter 2008


Good morning, Dear Reader! I'm late posting today, and late to the party with this collection, but was surprised in swatching Zoya's Flourish Collection this morning that some of them are different on longer nails than short, so I thought the pictures were worth posting. All of the pictures are of two coats over a base under artificial light.

From what I've seen, I thought Zara, a pale purple with gold shimmer, would be my favorite from this collection, but found that I had clear VNL (Visible Nail Line, the line where the nail bed ends and the free edge starts) with it, which was a big disappointment. The problem clearest on my ring and pinky fingers in the pictures.





Although I like Mieko, a raspberry with gold microglitter, I had the same issue with VNL as I did with Zara. Both are really unusual colors, so I'll likely try them with additional coats or over a soft white to eliminate the VNL, but the extra hassle drops them further down the list of preferred polishes than they otherwise would be.





The next one I wanted to hate simply for its name. It's Shivon, which would properly be called the Anglicized spelling of Siobhan, but which my father and I would call the bastardized spelling of it. For all of you who've been thinking I'm See-oh-bon, this polish will help you pronounce my name - it really is pronounced Shivon. But it's not spelled that way, so I'll have to get over my resentment at Zoya for doing so! In any case, I like the polish - no VNL, and it's an interesting brown/plum shade with a strong gold shimmer.





Richelle is a slightly bronzey gold, a nice shade, but my no means unique. And I'm sure all the Rochelles of the world are annoyed that their name was misspelled, too!





Cyma is a pretty mid-tone berry red with a shimmer. Again, a nice shade, but nothing I'd write home about.





Kalista appeals to my recent brown phase, a rich slightly plummy brown with a strong shimmer.





There you have it, Dear Reader - this is Zoya's Flourish Collection for Winter 2008. These can be ordered directly from Zoya, or you can get them where I got mine for a little bit less per bottle - from sparkling*nails on ebay (that's a link to the listings for these).

That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment