Monday, November 24, 2008

The Bermuda Escape Mani


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I woke up today to a dreary, grey mix of rain and snow, and do you know what I decided I needed?  A Bermuda Escape.  Since I can't hop on a plane and take one, I decided I'd have a Bermuda Escape on my hands.

I used the China Glaze Bahama Blues less Calypso Blue (the darkest) for a gradation mani, starting with Bermuda Breakaway and ending with Bahamian Escape (hence Bermuda Escape).  The result is a mani that starts and ends with a creme, and has a sparkly, almost metallic center with a shimmer and a microglitter on either side of it.  Something very wicked in me gets tickled to death when I have a super sparkly middle finger, like I'm secretly flipping off everyone in the world I want to flip off - terribly immature of me, I know, but it's true!  What I like about the overall effect (other than my immature glee), is that the progression of finishes works as well as the progression of color - from thumb to pinky, it's creme, shimmer, glittery, then toning down with a more subtle microglitter, and then back to creme.  I was tempted to use the creme Calypso Blue and substitute two other creme blues to make this mani strictly a gradation of color, but I'm really pleased with the end result of using different finishes as well.

That's what I think of it.  Here are the pictures for you to decide what you think.  The colors are, from thumb to pinky, Bermuda Breakaway, Blue Paradise, Blue Island Iced Tea, Caribbean Blue, and Bahamian Escape.







This is a mani that boosted my mood when the weather outside is doing just the opposite.  I hope it perked you up a bit, too!

Here's something else to perk you up, also from China Glaze.  It's Mooooonpoooool!  Yes, Dear Reader, I have a brand new bottle of China Glaze's Moonpool to give to you.  I'll randomly select the winner on December fourth, and am taking entries until then.  Your name will show as you enter it (so you don't have to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to notify you that you're the winner.  If you haven't yet tossed your name into the hat, please do!





That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment