Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nubar's Get Hot Collection, Part I


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I just swatched Nubar's Get Hot Collection for you, and it was what I needed! It's cold and dreary with threats of snow here today, so I decided to swatch the brightest colors I could find and pretend it was summer for a little bit. One of the fun things about nail polish is it can be any time of year I want it to be on my hands!

Rather than bombard you with pictures of all eight colors at once, I thought I'd show them to you in two parts. Each is three coats over a base coat without a top coat. Since they're neons, they dry a bit matte, and require a top coat to truly shine, but these swatches will show you what color is each.

First up is Hot Red, and orange red.





Next we have Hot Yellow, which could probably use a fourth coat. It's worth it for this vivid, streak free yellow.





Third is Hot Fuchsia, which is a truly hot, hot, fuchsia!





And last is my favorite of this bunch, Hot Lime Green, an absolutely unique color.





That's Part I of our look at Nubar's Get Hot Collection. I'll post Part II, for which I saved my very favorite, tomorrow morning. If you want to sneak a peek at what's to come or if you *need* any of these, they're available from www.bynubar.com here.

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment