Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Be My Lover & Creme de Konad


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have two variations of the same mani in different colors to show you. The first I did earlier in the week and was really pleased with it. The second is my travel mani - if all is right in the world, as this publishes I'm getting into the car to drive downstate to visit family and friends (and I'm writing this yesterday!). Since I'll have to leave my travel mani on for three days, I wanted it to be one that I really liked, so I thought I'd give you a peek at that one as well.

For the first, I started with Misa's Be My Lover as the base.





It's a great color on its own, but I thought it could use a little something extra, so I used white Konad polish to stamp my nails with a pattern from Konad plate S6 and then did my tips with a pattern from plate M45.





I was so happy with how the patterns worked together I decided then that I'd use them again for the manicure I'd have to look at for a couple of days. As I unpacked a box of nail polish yesterday, I ran across what became the base for today's, OPI's Creme de Menthe.





This is a spectacular color on its own, but since I'll be wearing it from Tuesday through Thursday, it needed the Konad to make it a little more interesting. Besides, I haven't been downstate to visit since I got the Konad, and wanted to show my friends what fun it is, so I proceeded to duplicate the patterns above using green Konad polish. The result is Creme de Konad.





That's what I'm wearing this very minute, and will be wearing for a bit. As you can tell from the pictures, I like it a lot! You can probably also tell that I'm already growing weary of dark fall colors and am starting to break out the pastels again. It's only a matter of time before I get tired of the pastels and go back to darker shades, so if you're one who prefers the darks, I'll be wearing your colors again soon!

That's all for today, Dear Reader! I might be able to check in this afternoon, but if I don't answer a question or seem to ignore your comment, please don't be offended - that simply means I wasn't able to use a computer, and I'll reply as soon as I can. Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment