Sunday, November 9, 2008

That's Blingtastic!


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my picks of the new OPI Designer Series polishes, and in anticipation of them, broke out one of the oldies-but-goodies, OPI Designer Series Original.





This morning, I tracked the precious package containing my selections as having been delivered yesterday. What a happy surprise! I scampered down to get it, and promptly swatched three, then did a full manicure with the fourth. Each is three coats over a base under artificial light, and they're in order of preference, going from least (like quite a bit) to greatest (over the top in love!).

DS Classic is a light brown with silvery holo. I think I got it because I've been so attracted to browns lately.





DS Coronation is a fantastic silvery holo - blingy enough to replace the wedding set I no longer wear!





DS Illuminate is a fantastic one - it's like a holo version of SpaRitual's Fall in Love (a brown with a green shimmer), which is one of my Fall favorites.





DS Extravagance is what I'm wearing, and would certainly be in my top 20 polishes of all time. It's purple, it's sparkly, and I couldn't ask for more!





What's really remarkable about all of these, both the old Original and the new ones, is their very smooth and shiny finish - all of the photos are without a top coat, the addition of which makes them as smooth and shiny as glass. My experience with other OPI DS polishes is that they also wear well - I've worn them travelling, and although I've had tip wear, I've had no chips. But best of all, they're blingtastic!

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment