Friday, May 1, 2009

OPI Brights 2009

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have OPI's new Brights, created in conjunction with Paige Premium Denim. They're the last of my sparkling*nails package that I still haven't shown you.

I'll tell you what, they confused me. They're all three-coaters, and the brush seems to have gottem even bigger - it's a little mop again. The confusions doen't end there, and you'll see what I mean in the pictures. They're just not that bright, and most have are dupes of other OPI nail polish colors that were just released in recent years.

We'll start with A Grape Fit!, which seems awfully close to OPI Do You Lilac It?

OPI Brights Collection Nail Polish
OPI Brights Collection Nail Polish Bottle

Next is In My Back Pocket, which is along the lines of a few oranges we've seen from OPI (Atomic Orange & Friends).

OPI Brights Collection 2009 Nail Polish
OPI Brights Collection 2009 Nail Polish Bottle

Then there's No Room for the Blues, which looks like OPI Just Groovy with a new label on it.

OPI Brights 2009 Nail Polish
OPI Brights 2009 Nail Polish Bottle

On the Same Paige is an orange-y red creme (all of these are cremes, btw). I can't think of the dupe for this one offhand, but would bet my stash it's out there.

OPI 2009 Nail Polish
OPI 2009 Nail Polish Bottle

Here's the real kicker of this collection: Over the Taupe. No it's not. It's just taupe, which isn't either a bright or related to denim. I'm no color expert, but Suzi? Paige? Whatcha thinkin' here?

OPI Brights Nail Polish
OPI Brights Nail Polish Bottle

That brings us to Shorts Story, a pink creme whoch I'd identified the duplicate for earlier, but can't recall now. Again, I'll just bet my stash that it's an existent color from OPI.

OPI Nail Polish
OPI Nail Polish Bottle

Yawn. Stretch. Yawn again...

The good news is that I have been promised that something super-secret & guaranteed to knock my socks off will be here this afternoon. Let's hope the UPS guiy doesn't make me wait until Monday!

Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment