Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nubar Peacock Feathers & Desire

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'd backed off on the smileys a bit, then I got an email from their creator telling me he made this one for me!

How cool is that??? I love it!

I have a couple more nail polishes to show you this morning, the first of which a camera simply can't capture with less than ten zillion pictures. Even though I have a ton of Nubars, I didn't have their absolute classic, Peacock Feathers, until now. Here she is, three coats, in different light.

In artificial light, the many colors show up reasonably well, but the purple dominates.

Nubar Duochrome Nail Polish

Then I went outside, and in direct-but-cloudy light, I can see the purple, blue, and green.

Nubar Duochrome Purple Nail Polish

In the shade, the crazy glow of all the colors (as well as the reflection of my camera) show up clearly.

Nubar Duochrome Purple Nail Polish 2

That's enough to give you the general idea. As you cross a room wearing this nail polish, the color changes. It's amazing! I put it on after swatching the Jessicas yesterday, when I wanted something that really wowed me, and it did the trick.

Then I woke up this morning to the email from the smiley guy, Mike at www.mazeguy.net, and I decided to make my Nails of the Day a great red to match the smiley he'd made . I picked another from the most recent order that I really wanted to try out, Nubar Desire. This is one great red - it's really glowy.

Nubar Desire Nail Polish Swatch
Nubar Desire Nail Polish Bottle

Now I just have to go put on red lipstick, a lot of mascara, and stand out in the sun for an hour and I'll look just like the smiley!

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment