Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nubar Parisian Collection for Summer 2009

Good evening, Dear Reader!

I got a package today, and in it was Nubar's Parisian Collection for Summer 2009. It's a collection of sheers, pinks, and nudes (quite the opposite of the upcoming greens!), but there are some really good colors here. I just checked, and they're on Nubar's site now.

I'll just get the sheers out of the way because I'm really uncomfortable in them since I discovered how stained my nails are. I look forward to the day I can proudly wear a sheer! These are all three coats over a base, and I only did one picture of each so the page would load this century.

Parc Floral Pink is a very sheer pink creme, and unfortunately, my grody stained nails show through it.

Nubar Nail Polish

Louvre Nude is a sheer nude creme, not quite as sheer as the first, and it hides my nails a little better.

Nubar Parisian Nail Polish

Whew! Now we can move on to colors that I'm a little more comfortable in! There are still a couple of sheer ones, but they're sprakly or flashy so it's more okay.

Eiffel Tower Sparkle is a sheer sparkly pink,which does cover up my nails with its sparkliness.

Nubar Sheer Nail Polish

La Seine Shimmer is a sheer pink with a strong blue flash.

Nubar Pink Nail Polish

That brings us to the opaque colors. Yay!!!

Notre Dame Nude is a barely-pink opaque nude creme.

Nubar Nude Nail Polish

Hôtel Baby Pink is a very pale opaque pink creme.

Nubar Pink Nail Polish

Champs-Elysees Pink is a more medium pink with a secret shimmer.

Nubar Pink Shimmer Nail Polish

Finally, Cineaqua Shimmer is an almost metallic corally shimmer.

Nubar Coral Shimmer Nail Polish

I was particularly partial to the sparkliness of Eiffel Tower Sparkle and the blue flash of La Seine Shimmer, so I thought I'd see what they'd look like layered over the opaque cremes of this collection. Here they are - I left Cineaqua Shimmer on my thumb and pinky because I was scarred by the nakedness of the sheers above.

Nubar Sparkle Layered Nail Polish

Nubar Flash Layered Nail Polish

Definitely some potential there!

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment