Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Ultimate Mall Manicure

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today's Nails of the Day did not start out as, but evolved into, the quintessential mall mani.

We start with a trip over to Claire's and pick up the last bottle of Rocker Blue, which leaves us with the question of whether this is current or dc'd. It's chock full o' DBP and I'm waiting for some body part to fall off as a result, but the color is so pretty, and I'm only human! It took four coats to be completely even and opaque.

Claire's Nail Polish
Claire's Discontinued Polish Bottle

After our trip to Claire's, we wouldn't be angst-ridden 13-year-olds if we didn't drop in at Hot Topic and pick up a Fauxnad. It's not called a Fauxnad at all, it's something like "nail stamping kit," but I've always just thought of knock-off Konad stuff as Fauxnad (Faux + Konad = Fauxnad). Also, they discontinued it a while back, so in order to make our rebellious little trip to Hot Topic, we'd have to hop on into our time machine first. That being done, we can stamp away!

The HT plates are not numbered, so there's no way to specify which of them this is, and I use Konad White Special Nail Polish for the stamping. And I'll be danged if I haven't mastered that metal scraper!

Claire's Nail Polish Hot Topic Nail Art
Claire's Discontinued Polish Bottle Hot Topic Nail Stamping

That, Dear Reader, is a mani you can only get after a trip to the mall! Even though I'm 37, this manicure would work to get under my mom's skin if she were around. I can just hear her say, "Oh, Siobhan..." while she'd make a face looking at anything she didn't care for. What a hoot!

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment