Friday, May 8, 2009

Revlon Sweet Tart & Mon Cherry

Good Morning, Dear Reader!

I have a couple of Revlon manicures to show you this morning. I was recently asked if Revlon is Big 3 Free - here's what I found: the label explicitly states no toluene or formaldehyde, I don't dee formaldehyde resin in the ingredients, not can I indentify any phthalates. That comes with the caveat that I'm no chemist, so phthalates could be slipped by me, but I felt okay enough with what I read on the label to keep using them.

Last night after swatching, I pulled out one I've been meaning to use that came from the same nail polish display that held No Shrinking Violet called Sweet Tart. It's a really nice almost-hot-pink creme. The only down side was that it took four coats to be even - it was opaque in three, but still streaky, and the fourth evened it out. I have some fun decals I ran into near the bottle of nail polish, and went nuts with those while I was at it. I didn't do the best job of sealing them, so I lost a bit of one in the shower this morning before I took pictures of the mani.

Revlon Nail Polish
Revlon Pink Nail Polish Bottle

Since I figured losing bits of decals all day would drive me crazy, I changed it. I used Revlong Mon Cherry, which I've showed you before - that's one of the scented Fruitful Temptations line, the red one. It looked nice and classic when I finihsed, but after having a bunch of decals all over, it looked a bit plain, so I took the Konad to it, using plate M59 on most of my fingers and M4 on my ring finger with Konad White Special Nail Polish.

Revlon Scented Nail Polish
Revlon Fruitful Temptations Nail Polish Bottle

So that's what I have for you today, Dear Reader! Remember that the Nubar code expires at the end of the day today, so if you'd planned on using it, get to it! It's MAY092050.

Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment