Saturday, July 24, 2010

China Glaze Awakening for Halloween 2010

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

As promised, I have more China Glaze swatches for you today, this time of their Awakening Collection for Halloween 2010.  These were manufacturer samples.

Here is the press release for them:

AWAKEN YOUR HALLOWEEN SPIRITS WITH GLAMOURISHLY GOULISH NAILS

China Glaze Introduces Three Limited Edition Halloween Polishes

Los Angeles, CA – (July 2010): Sink your claws into these three ghoulish glitters from China Glaze, perfect for a night of fright! Uniquely alluring and unlike any other Halloween colors before them, this collection is sure to entice. Colors in the promotion include:  

·        Zombie Zest: A mossy green shade with gold flecks of micro glitter.
·        Ick-A-Body: A dark green base chock full of orange glitter.
·        Mummy May I: Vampy, wine colored purple with flecks of hot pink glitter.

The 18 piece display will be available at Sally’s Beauty Supply Stores only and the 4 piece with free Fast Forward Top Coat will be available at all other beauty and nail supply outlets, stores and e-tailers. 

All three shades are great for Halloween.  Here's Zombie Zest, of which I used three coats for opacity.

China Glaze Awakening: China Glaze Zombie Zest Nail Polish
China Glaze Zombie Zest Nail Polish, Three Coats

I used two coats of Ick-A-Bod-y since the glitter is so dense in this one.

China Glaze Awakening:China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-y Nail Polish
China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-y Nail Polish, Two Coats

Mummy May I is my favorite, a two-coater that I'd wear when it's not Halloween.

China Glaze Awakening: China Glaze Mummy May I Nail Polish
China Glaze Mummy May I Nail Polish, Two Coats

I'm wearing Mummy May I now, and it's passably smooth with just one coat of top coat.  It seems like another coat would make it glassy.

That's China Glaze's Awakening for Halloween 2010 - another hit!

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment