Friday, July 9, 2010

E.L.F Haul

I ordered some E.L.F polishes last week and they arrived yesterday. Left to right:
Punk Purple
Mod Mauve
Smoky Brown

I just wanted to let every know that you shouldn't go by the colour you  see on the website when ordering their products. I was a bit disappointed to recieve products SO different in colour than what I saw on the website. They only cost £1.50 each so I'm not too bothered but I would be annoyed if I'd paid much more or I ended up with colours too similar to some that I already owned.

I've tried to get some pictures comparing the colour in the bottle to the one I saw on the web. I know the colour one sees can vary depending on each individual's monitor but I wasn't expecting such a difference.

You can click the picture for a larger version.
Click here to go to the product page.

My Verdict
Punk Purple is not purple at all, but closer to hot pink.

The biggest variation was in Mod Mauve. On the website it looked to me like a greyish, beige, purple but the actual product is more like a browny pink. I was looking forward to this colour the most, but in person it is my least favourite. If you want something that looks like the colour you see on the website, go for the Lilac.

I was expecting Smoky Brown to be exactly that - smoky. It's darker than it looks on the website but it's harder to see the difference in this picture than with the others. It is a little grey but I think the name Chocolate Ice Cream is a better description of the colour. If you want a light, creamy brown, go for Desert Haze.


Don't get me wrong, I like E.L.F. It's great value for money, they have a lot of fun products and the eyelashes are amazing! It's just impossible to know exactly what you are going to get when deciding shades online. If you are thinking of ordering anything, check their Facebook first (make sure you 'like' the page) to see if there are any current promotion codes - there nearly always is. I got free P+P and 3 free lip glosses with my order. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment