Sunday, March 7, 2010

Revlon Street Wear White Out & Konad M79

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I have a confession to make. After a full week of greens, my enthusiasm for them has completely waned. Part of it is because I have more Street Wears to show you, more Models Own nail polishes (that aren't green), and a non-green surprise that I should have this week. Another part of it is that I'm plain old bored with wearing green! So I'll show you the last two I have for now, my post-swatching mani and yesterday's NOTD, and then I'm taking a week off from my theme. I was so determined to make it to the 17th, but I'm too tired of them and have too much other fun stuff to show you this week to keep it up. Maybe I'll resume next Sunday and go through Saint Patrick's Day, but I need a break!

Yesterday's Nails of the Day is what convinced me I need a break, because I kind of cheated at making a green manicure. I used Revlon Street Wear White out, which was a three-coater, for a base, and then stamped the dotted lattice pattern from Konad plate M79 onto it using Green Konad Special Polish. It's technically green, but barely.

Revlon Street Wear White Out Nail Polish
Revlon Street Wear White Out Nail Polish, Three Coats & Konad M79 in Green Konad Special Polish

Double stamping the lattice pattern was a bear, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but it turned out better than I had expected.

The post swatching mani from the other day is a green that simply had to be included: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle. This is either the original or the 2009 version - it's not super black.

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle
China Glaze Emerald Sparkle Nail Polish, Three Coats

This one was kind of gritty after it dried, so I added a second coat of top coat to it. The picture is of it dry after the second layer of top coat.

So that's it for green for a little while. I feel like going and changing to a pink or something for today, but I have plans in the works to go see Alice in Wonderland (with one of two other people in the world I know who gets up at 6:30 on a Sunday!), so I'll wait. If I go to the movie, it'll be one of the OPI AiW colors. If not, I'll be wearing something girly!

That's what I have for you this morning, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment