Saturday, March 13, 2010

Essie Wedding Collection 2010

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I swatched Essie's Wedding Collection for you because I wanted to change to a different color than pastel blue for plans tonight. I figured while I was at it, I'd knock out some swatches... Essie sent me this collection, which will be available April 1st.

The collection is five sheers and one soft white, with the white being Walk Down the Aisle. That made me think it's intended for French manicures, so that's how I swatched them. For each, I did one coat of Walk Down the Aisle over my tips and then one coat of the sheer. The pictures are in somewhat weak natural light.

Pillow Talk is an almost clear (in one coat) nude.

Essie Pillow Talk & Walk Down the Aisle
Essie Pillow Talk Nail Polish with Walk Down the Aisle Nail Polish Tips, Once Coat Each

BBF Best Boyfriend is a nude with a bit more color to it.

Essie BBF Best Boyfriend & Walk Down the Aisle
Essie BBF Best Boyfriend Nail Polish with Walk Down the Aisle Nail Polish Tips, Once Coat Each

Petal Pink is a soft sheer pink.

Essie Petal Pink & Walk Down the Aisle
Essie Petal Pink Nail Polish with Walk Down the Aisle Nail Polish Tips, Once Coat Each

Show Me the Ring is a gold shimmer, bur still quite sheer. It would probably be better alone.

Essie Show Me the Ring & Walk Down the Aisle
Essie Show Me the Ring Nail Polish with Walk Down the Aisle Nail Polish Tips, Once Coat Each

Main Squeeze is a lavender shimmer.

Essie Main Squeeze & Walk Down the Aisle
Essie Main Squeeze Nail Polish with Walk Down the Aisle Nail Polish Tips, Once Coat Each

These were quite nice, really. The white, Walk Down the Aisle, gave good tip coverage in one coat, and all five of the sheers were non-streaky at one coat. I'm a fan.

I'll wrap up the Illamasqua pastels tomorrow, Dear Reader, so until then, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment