Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Konad Plate M81

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Last night while watching a movie, I decided to play with some of the full nail patterns from Konad plate M81 that I couldn't use on longer nails. I was watching a horror movie which included Michael Berryman in the cast - it wasn't the kind of thing that required intense thought!

The first, I used the criss cross pattern in Pastel Violet Konad Special Polish, using one coat of Revlon Punch Chrome as the base color. Not my best stamping job ever, but I'm still getting used to the new nails, so what the heck...

Revlon Punch Chrome Nail Polish
Revlon Punch Chrome Nail Polish, One Coat & Konad M81 in Pastel Violet

Revlon Punch Chrome
Revlon Punch Chrome Nail Polish, One Coat & Konad M81 in Pastel Violet, Closer View

One I'd had my eye on for a while was the pattern that's animal print between diagonal lines. For that, I used Color Club Poptastic as the base and Black Pearl Konad Special Polish for the stamping.

Color Club Poptastic Nail Polish
Color Club Poptastic Nail Polish, Three Coats & Konad M81 in Black Pearl

Color Club Poptastic
Color Club Poptastic Nail Polish, Three Coats & Konad M81 in Black Pearl, Closer View

Those two, I did only on my left hand since I was just playing around while my bad movie was playing. At that point, I was getting bored and just did today's Nails of the Day, which is M81's geometric pattern in Violet Pearl Konad Special Polish over two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink, one of my new loves.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink Nail Polish
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink Nail Polish, Two Coats & Konad M81 in Violet Pearl

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink Nail Polish, Two Coats & Konad M81 in Violet Pearl, Closer View

That's the outcome of entertaining myself during a bad horror movie (which is my favorite kind of movie!). I think it shows this is one dang cool plate, and also what a difference using Konad polish for stamping makes. I know some chromes work about as well, but the Konad polishes consistently give a really opaque, crisp stamp, which is my preference.

So that's what I have for you this morning, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment