Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CHI Secret Fantasy Collection for Summer 2010

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

Another post, another collection, this time CHI's Secret Fantasy Collection for Summer 2010. This one, I bought from sparkling*nails on ebay, and they've been spotted at Ulta as well. I only have six of the eight colors here because it's kind of a weird collection: one re-release from Summer 2009's Tropical Paradise Collection (Sunny Romance of Saint Tropez, a yellow shimmer, which you can see in the original post I just linked), two core colors, Double Fisted Fuchsia, which I do have here, and Salsalita y Margarita, an orangey red creme I don't have, then five new ones. You can tell the re-releases by the names, too - they don't fit in with the collection theme.

Of the six I swatched here, all were two coaters. The applied easily, and the polish was easy to control. The first coat looked thin for most, but the second made them all opaque and even. The pictures were taken in sunlight.

My Secret Fetish is a new one, and is a vivid fuchsia with the same kind of almost flaky glitter as Mistletoe Kisses.

CHI My Secret Fetish from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI My Secret Fetish
CHI My Secret Fetish Nail Polish, Two Coats

Passionate Kiss, another new one, is a slightly muted purple with a subtle shimmer. It's a near dupe for Nicole by OPI's Bah Plum-Bug, but the shimmer in Passionate Kiss is more pronounced.

CHI Passionate Kiss from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI Passionate Kiss
CHI Passionate Kiss Nail Polish, Two Coats

Midnight Rendezvous, also a new one as far as I know, is a bright primary blue with a great shimmer.

CHI Midnight Rendezvous from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI Midnight Rendezvous
CHI Midnight Rendezvous Nail Polish, Two Coats

Picnic in Central Park is a pale green that I'd call a creme, although there's just the slightest secret shimmer in direct light. It's also is a new one as far as I know, but the name doesn't fit in with the others so I'm not sure. In any case, it's a good color.

CHI Picnic in Central Park from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI Picnic in Central Park
CHI Picnic in Central Park Nail Polish, Two Coats

The last new shade (assuming I'm right on the ones above) is In Between the Sheets, a muted slightly grey purple creme. It's one of my favorites from the collection.

CHI In Between the Sheets from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI In Between the Sheets
CHI In Between the Sheets Nail Polish, Two Coats

The only re-release (or core color, I think) I have is Double Fisted Fuchsia, which is more of a bright pink that a fuchsia and has a strong shimmer and a bit of a flash.

CHI Double Fisted Fuchsia Nail Polish from The Secret Fantasy Collection
CHI Double Fisted Fuchsia
CHI Double Fisted Fuchsia Nail Polish, Two Coats

So that's CHI's Secret Fantasy Collection for Summer 2010, and probably the weirdest collection I've seen with mixing in core and re-released colors. I'm happy with the ones I got, and I do like the yellow from last year. Salsalita y Margarita shall remain a mystery to me, as I'm not sold on the idea that it's my kind of color.

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment