Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nail Polish from Overseas

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I thought I'd show you a couple of my favorite overseas nail polish brands, Nails Inc from the UK and Bloom from Australia.

The Nails Inc is called The Strand, and is a pink shimmer with a flash. It was perfect in two coats, like most Nails Inc are. This is a relatively new brand for me, with my first being The Hills Collection the released at the end of Summer 2009, and I fell in love with the brand immediately. They apply beautifully and easily, have great colors, and all but one I've used have been two-coaters. The down side to them is that they don't ship to the U.S. (some etailer has a super limited selection and does, maybe someone will remind me of the name). I've managed to buy a few with help and have received some as gifts, and love them all. This is Nails Inc The Strand.

Nails Inc The Strand
Nails Inc The Strand Nail Polish, Two Coats

As for Bloom, I only have a handful of them, but each is fabulous. The colors are excellent. Some are not terribly unique, but are very strong nonetheless (such as Billie - it's just a purple shimmer, but it's a dang good one). All have also been two coaters for me, with one coat being just shy of sufficient. The big down side to Bloom is that they not only don't ship to the U.S., they've made it difficult for Americans to view the Australian site with nail polish. We can't even covet what we cannot have!

For the Bloom nail polish today, I have Jessica Mauboy II. I had no idea what the name meant, so I Googled it. It turns out that Jessica Mauboy is an Australian singer who was on Australian Idol 2006. No wonder I had no idea - it would be stranger if I knew that than if I did not. Anyhow, back to nail polish: this is Bloom Jessica Mauboy II.

Bloom Jessica Mauboy II
Bloom Jessica Mauboy II, Two Coats

I wish I knew why these brands are not available here, but they're not. I suppose for the sake of my wallet that's fortunate, because I absolutely love both brands.

That's a peek at some nail polish from overseas, and that's all I have for you for now. Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment