Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dior Blue Lilac (Lilas Bleuet) & Fimo

Good morning, Dear Reader, and happy first day of Spring!

To celebrate the first day of Spring, I did my first fimo manicure, and I'd call it a moderate success. I got some of the pieces of fimo as thin as I wanted them. It's festive, if nothing else!

I decided I wanted to use Dior Blue Lilac as the base, a color I've shown you before. Since it's sheer, I started with one coat of Essie Walk Down the Aisle, then did two coats of Blue Lilac. I added top coat, waited a few minutes, then went to town applying the fimo pieces I'd cut out before starting the manicure. I sealed the fimo with a coat of Diamont.

Dior Blue Lilac Nail Polish
Dior Blue Lilac Nail Polish, Two Coats & Fimo for Spring

Dior Blue Lilac Vernis
Dior Blue Lilac Nail Polish, Two Coats & Fimo for Spring, Closer View

I'll be interested in seeing if these stay on all day or not. I have errands to run, so I'll find out... Yesterday I got the tip from a reader to warm the fimo slices prior to application so that I could make them flatter on the nail, but the fact is that after cutting them, doing a three coat manicure, and waiting five minutes to apply the pieces, I just wanted to be finished and get on with the day, so I didn't. Maybe next time...

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment