Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zoya Reverie Collection, My Picks

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

Guess what I discovered was delivered yesterday - the Zoya Reverie nail polishes I bought with their recent code. I went for the minimum for the code and got four polishes, all from Reverie, because that's all I wanted. I just got loaded up with reds I like and don't need another orange, so I skipped those two.

I decided for forsake the airbrush challenge and swatch these for you instead. The light is weak today, so I took one weak natural light picture and one strong artificial light picture of each so you can really see the colors. I'll show you the natural light picture first for each.

These applied well, each requiring three coats to be even and opaque, but I'm wearing the last one and it will not dry. I've had it on for hours and am still getting dents and smudges in it. I like the color so it's quite a disappointment. I'll probably try it with Diamont and drying drops, pulling out the big guns, next time.

So, on to the pictures. I didn't read reviews of these yet so I wouldn't taint my perception of them, but I wish I'd at least looked at pictures before getting Laney. It's a silver shimmer. My only objection to it is that it's brushstroke-y (that's coming from a woman who likes Lippmann Collection Rhapsody in White...), but it's otherwise completely not noteworthy. I don't hate it, but there's nothing to love, either. This is three coats.

Zoya Laney
Zoya Laney Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Natural Light

Zoya Laney Nail Polish
Zoya Laney Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Artificial Light

The remaining three are duochromes to varying degrees, and I like all three. Happi is a lighter pink shimmer with a strong gold flash.

Zoya Happi
Zoya Happi Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Natural Light

Zoya Happi Nail Polish
Zoya Happi Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Artificial Light

The other pink is Reece, darker and also with a gold flash.

Zoya Reece
Zoya Reece Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Natural Light

Zoya Reece Nail Polish
Zoya Reece Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Artificial Light

The last is the coolest and the strongest duochrome (and the one that won't dry, dangit!). It's Adina, and is a kind of purple, sort of greenish duochrome.

Zoya Adina
Zoya Adina Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Natural Light

Zoya Adina Nail Polish
Zoya Adina Nail Polish, Three Coats, in Artificial Light

Those are my picks from Zoya Reverie. Liking three out of four ain't too bad, I suppose. I'll just have to find some way around this drying issue.

That's all there is for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment