Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Coach Nail Polish Set & Olympics NOTD

Good morning, Dear Reader!

A while back, Coach was giving away little freebie nail polish kits, and I got one for a few bucks on Ebay. I swatched those recently and have the pictures for you today.

My finding is that unless you really want them for the novelty factor, save your pennies. They all required at least three coats, and although pretty in the bottle, the purple is an absolute nightmare on the nail. They're unnamed, so I'll just refer to them by color. I did three coats of each, but you'll see that two of the four don't look right and need more, but I wanted to be consistent.

Since some might still want the set for the novelty factor, I took pictures of the packaging. Here's the box closed, and I left my hand in the picture for scale. They're minis.

Coach Nail Polish
Coach Nail Polish Box, Closed

Here it is open.

Coach Nail Polish Set
Coach Nail Polish Box, Open

They were a bit separated, but I just gave them a little shake and they applied fine. Since the application was good and the first swatch was okay, I had high hopes, but they were sooon dashed. Here is three coats of the pink, which was fine.

Coach Pink
Coach Nail Polish, Three Coats Pink

The bronze was not-so-fine. It's still semi sheer at three coats.

Coach Bronze
Coach Nail Polish, Three Coats Bronze

The fuchsia was fine at three coats.

Coach Fuchsia
Coach Nail Polish, Three Coats Fuchsia

Brace yourselves for what you are about to see... The purple left uncovered spots and was just an overall mess. I'm showing it to you so you save your money!

Coach Purple
Coach Nail Polish, Three Coats Purple

So these will have to find a loving home with a Coach fan who wants them for the novelty factor, because I sure as heck won't be wearing them.

Just so we end on a happy note, I thought I'd give you a peek at my completely unrelated Nails of the Day. Yesterday's Go U.S.A. mani was cheerful, so I thought I'd do another. The colors are Nubar Sensual Red, Orly White Out, and Barry M Cobalt Blue, with Konad M14.

Olympics
U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment