Sunday, February 28, 2010

Icing Black Out Nail Polish

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have another Yesterday's Nails of the Day for you, which is Icing's Blackout nail polish. I couldn't get a great picture of this one either under artificial light or with the available sunlight. Blackout is infinitely more spectacular than either picture reveals. I'll show you the pics, which are of three coats first in natural then artificial light, then tell you more.

Icing Blackout
Icing Blackout Nail Polish, Three Coats in Natural Light

Icing Blackout Nail Polish
Icing Blackout Nail Polish, Three Coats in Artificial Light

Do you see the reflective sparkly bits in the first picture? In normal room light, all of the glitter looks like that, all multicolored (more showed up under artificial light in the second picture, but the first is color accurate). I'm disappointed that I couldn't get a picture that showed the effect properly. As my experience with the few Icing polishes I have, I had chips in well under twenty-four hours.

Since I change colors daily, I'm not used to chips, but I'll be danged if Icings don't chip on me every time. For this particular manicure, I used Barielle Camouflage as a base and Diamont as a top, I've also tried Seche Ridge Filler and NailTek II under them, and Seche Vite and Poshe as a top in various combinations with no luck. I haven't tried a sticky base coat under them - I should. For Blackout on someone who changes color as often as I do, it's definitely worth it.

So that's the update for today, Dear Reader. I'm thinking of kicking off March tomorrow with green manis until the 17th for Saint Patrick's Day. I never celebrated much before, going on the theory that being Irish by heritage was sufficient celebration, but this is the first year in several that I won't be standing at the State Street Bridge watching the Chicago River get dyed green on St. Pat's. I think that repeated experience made me a little cheesier about the holiday, so I'm going to try to do greens until the 17th. On the 17th, I have something for more Irish planned...

Anyhow, we'll see how long I last on greens! Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment