Monday, February 8, 2010

Nubar Fortress Collection

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday I picked up a package - still not the Color Clubs, but another new collection from Nubar, the Fortress Collection. It's a collection of greys, and consists of five cremes, two shimmers, and a glitter. Like the Risque Reds Collection I showed you last week, this one will be available on March 1st (these were samples sent to me by the company), and all were two coaters.

I love grey nail polish, so I'm happy to see this collection. So far, I've really only had two shades: RBL Concrete Jungle and Stormy (and their CNY counterparts). This collection has colors along those lines, but also much paler and much darker as well, along with really cool shimmers. The pictures were taken in direct sunlight.

The palest is Marble Tower, which is a barely grey creme.

Nubar Marble Tower
Nubar Marble Tower Nail Polish, Two Coats

Citadel, also a creme, is just a bit darker and has a hint of beige to it.


Nubar Citadel
Nubar Citadel Nail Polish, Two Coats

Barricade is a concrete grey creme.


Nubar Barricade
Nubar Barricade Nail Polish, Two Coats

Palisade is also concrete grey, but much cooler with a hint of blue.


Nubar Palisade
Nubar Palisade Nail Polish, Two Coats

Stronghold, the last of the cremes, is my favorite of them. It's a dark grey creme.


Nubar Stronghold
Nubar Stronghold Nail Polish, Two Coats

Those are the five cremes. The two shimmers are Silver Sword and Dark Castle.

Silver Sword is a gunmetal grey with a strong kind of multicolored shimmer.


Nubar Silver Sword
Nubar Silver Sword Nail Polish, Two Coats

Dark Castle is an almost black charcoal grey shimmer, not as shimmery as Nubar Black Chrome, but also with the multicolored shimmer.


Nubar Dark Castle
Nubar Dark Castle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Finally, Knight's Armor is the glitter. It is a black base with an absolute ton of silver glitter. This, like the rest, is two coats, and my nails are encrusted in silver glitter.


Nubar Knight's Armor
Nubar Knight's Armor Nail Polish, Two Coats

That's Nubar's Fortress Collection. It looks like they'll so this year what they did last year at this time and hit us with two releases at the same time. I'm definitely excited about these, especially Marble Tower, Stronghold, Silver Sword, and Knight's Armor, as those are the ones that I don't think I've seen anything like before.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

Edited to Add, at 8:00 a.m.:

Hi again, Dear Reader! I don't normally edit to tack things on to a post, but thought I would for this one since, in light of this post, today's Nails of the Day is related.

I did a Konadicure using Palisade this morning, using two coats of Palisade as the base and stamping a pattern from Konad plate M73 on it in Konad Sky Pearl Special Nail Polish. The natural light this morning is very weak and made Palisade look bluer than it is, so I also took a picture of it under a halogen light. Here's my Palisade Konadicure.


Nubar Palisade Nail Polish
Nubar Palisade Nail Polish, Two Coats, with Konad M73 in Konad Sky Pearl in Weak Natural Light

Nubar Palisade Konadicure
Nubar Palisade Nail Polish, Two Coats, with Konad M73 in Konad Sky Pearl in Artificial Light

You can tell by the color of my skin in the three pictures of Palisade that the one of it on its own, in bright natural light, is the most accurate. I was just pleased with how my Konadicure turned out, so I thought I'd tack it on to give you a peek.

On the topic of Konad, those new limited quantity plates are selling out at WowSoCool in pre-order, I discovered yesterday in answering a comment. You can pre-order the ones still available here, with the exception of S10, which is here. They're supposed to ship tomorrow, and the code "nailphile" is good for 30% off (I don't get anything if you use it, you just get 30% off). There are also some new Konad Special Nail Polishes, one is sold out already. I meant to mention all that in the original post so that you can get the new plates while they're there for the getting.

This time, that really is all! Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment