Sunday, February 7, 2010

OPI Red Like Roses & Konad M59

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Now that Valentine's Day is just a week away, I thought I'd do some Valentine's Day manicures this week. I can't think of that day without hearing my sister cheerfully say, "Happy VD!"

Anyhow, a red seemed good, and I was checking out my new Nubar reds, as I want to wear them soon, but for the Konad pattern I wanted to do, the shimmer of those was too strong, so I went with a more subdued red shimmer: OPI's Red Like Roses.

Red Like Roses is a good red shimmer, bright with a more subtle shimmer, not a knock-you-down shade on its own. I used it for my base, and it took three coats to be even and opaque.

OPI Red Like Roses
OPI Red Like Roses, Three Coats

The pattern I used on it from Konad plate M59 is one I usually use along the cuticle, but I thought I'd give it a shot at the free edge and see how I liked it. I do. I used Konad White Nail Polish for the stamping.

OPI Red Like Roses Nail Polish
OPI Red Like Roses, Three Coats & Konad M59 in Konad White

I hope to do a few more Valentine's Day Konadicures this week, but also have a few things on the agenda. Color Club's new collections are on their way (Color Club sent them to a very old address in Chicago accidentally the first time), and I'd like to give you a peek at those as soon as I get hold of them. I also have a WowSoCool order coming, and I'm jumping up and down with excitement about that. It includes the new plates and polishes, and I want to show you some of those, too. Once Valentine's Day comes, I have something a little different planned for you for a few days, but I'll leave that as a surprise...

The new Konad plates, as I mentioned, are in limited quatity, and WowSoCool is currently taking pre-orders for them to ship on Tuesday. Get 'em while they're hot! The code "nailphile" is good for 30% off, and shipping is free over $20 to the U.S. and Canada. I don't get anything if you use the code, you just get 30% off. Check out the new polishes, too - there's Dark Red and Pastel Violet Special Polish that look good, and I'll be trying them out as soon as they arrive.

That's the update for this morning, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment