Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish, Part II

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I have the rest of the new-to-me Nicole by OPI's to show you today. My light wasn't as good as yesterday's, but it was sufficient. I used a different number of coats for the different shades, so I'll tell you about each as we look at the color.

First up is Violet Vibe, which is not new, but is noteworthy because it's also a hard to find OPI color. Just get the Nicole! It's a light pinkish purple shimmer. I don't have the OPI here to compare the two versions, but I looked up pictures of OPI Violet Vibe and it looks like this is just a dupe of the OPI. Now, we know OPI's not perfect at duping their own colors, but it's an attempt at a dupe and looks close enough. This is three coats.

Nicole by OPI Violet Vibe
Nicole by OPI Violet Vibe Nail Polish, Three Coats

Next, I have some new-ish, Christmas colors. Bah Plum-Bug! is a deep plum with a slight shimmer in the bottle which does not show up on the nail. It took three coats, and someone should be jailed for its name.

Nicole by OPI Bah Plum-Bug!
Nicole by OPI Bah Plum-Bug! Nail Polish, Three Coats

To it, I added two coats of Twinkle of Sprinkle,a clear base with silver and holo hex glitter that's a dupe for OPI's Disco Ball Sparkle. Truthfully, I forgot it was a dupe for Disco Ball Sparkle when I got it, but I love hex glitters so it work outs alright.

Nicole by OPI Twinkle of Sprinkle Nail Polish
Nicole by OPI Twinkle of Sprinkle Nail Polish, Two Coats, over Three Coats Nicole by OPI Bah Plum-Bug! Nail Polish

Last is Faux Fir, a slightly bluish green shimmer. It only required two coats, and was the one I chose to wear for the last day. I really like it. Unfortunately, my Orly Nail Rescue had degraded again by this time in swatching... Sorry about that!

Nicole by OPI Faux Fir
Nicole by OPI Faux Fir Nail Polish, Two Coats

Now you've seen all my new Nicole by OPI nail polishes. I got these from AveYou.com with a 20% off code and $1 shipping. I've ordered from them a few times in the last several years and only had one problem order, and they took care of it, so I can say I believe they're safe to order from. RetailMeNot.com usually has their current codes listed.

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader. Please throw your name in the hat for a bottle of Orly Iron Butterfly is you have not yet, and until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment