Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Color Club Poptastic Collection

Good morning, Dear Reader!

During the Limbo time when I was unsure what was happening with Color Club samples, the collections became available on Trans Design, and I ordered them. I got the Trans Design ones yesterday, and have some swatches for you today. I just mention that because of the new disclosure rules - we'll offload the duplicates with a giveaway or something if the manufacturer samples show up. These, I bought.

Yesterday's light looked like I'd be able to get decent pictures of the Poptastic collection, so I went for it. They were all three coaters. some could have used a fourth, and all nine are cremes. The pictures are in natural light, and let's get to them!

Almost Famous is a bright, but not neon, yellow creme, and was opaque and even in three coats.

Color Club Almost Famous
Color Club Almost Famous Nail Polish, Three Coats

Pucci-licious is a bright, light blurple, also not neon, and also good in three coats.

Color Club Pucci-licious
Color Club Pucci-licious Nail Polish, Three Coats

Chelsea Girl is a really bright, but still not neon, medium blue creme, good in three coats.

Color Club Chelsea Girl
Color Club Chelsea Girl Nail Polish, Three Coats

From here on out, protect your retinas... Twiggie is a light green creme that's just shy of being a neon. This one was good in three coats.

Color Club Twiggie
Color Club Twiggie Nail Polish, Three Coats

Mrs. Robinson is a neon purple creme. I could see through my tips just a bit after three coats of it.

Color Club Mrs. Robinson
Color Club Mrs. Robinson Nail Polish, Three Coats

Jackie Oh! is a neon pink red, and was the one I wore yesterday. I can see through my tips after three coats.

Color Club Mrs. Robinson
Color Club Jackie Oh! Nail Polish, Three Coats

Warhol is a dark pink neon creme, and was good in three coats.

Color Club Warhol
Color Club Warhol Nail Polish, Three Coats

Wham! Pow! is even more neon than in the picture. It's more of an, "Oh look, the crossing guard got a new vest," shade of orange. It could have used a fourth coat, but was much better than any other orange I've used that's this neon.

Color Club Wham! Pow!
Color Club Wham! Pow! Nail Polish, Three Coats

The namesake of the collection, Poptastic, is also more neon than the picture. It's a Barbie pink neon, good in three coats.

Color Club Poptastic
Color Club Poptastic Nail Polish, Three Coats

As for the Poptastic Collection as a whole, they applied quite well. Some seemed dangerously thin on the first coat, but built color just fine. The only difficulty was being ale to see through my tips after three coats on the ones I mentioned, but for neons this bright, that's pretty good.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

Edited at 10:30 a.m. to add: I forgot to include a Konad update for you!

I'd told you that WowSoCool initially had a limited supply of the new Konad plates, and many had sold out very quickly. Well, I got word that another shipment arrived, so they're available again. I do not know how many were in the second shipment WowSoCool received, but given how fast some sold out the first time, I'd suggest you get 'em if you want 'em. The code "nailphile" is good for 30% off of your order (I get nothing if you use it, you just get a good deal), and shipping's free to the U.S. and Canada over $20, and only $2 under $20 (within the U.S., anyhow, I'm not sure about Canada). That's really it for today, Dear Reader! I'm sorry for the omission.

No comments:

Post a Comment