Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today's lace nails effort

I have wanted to try lace nails for quite a while now and today I finally got around to buying some lace. I can't remember which blog I saw it on but someone gave me the idea of using tape to cut pieces of lace the perfect size for the nail.
So... I used sellotape. I stuck each piece to my fingertip, over my nail completely and drew around my nail with a Sharpie.
Then I peeled off the tape and stuck it straight on to the lace so I could cut out the right shape. Then you have to carefully peel apart the lace and the tape which requires some patience but the lace came away pretty undamaged.
I used a dark, reddy brown, base for my white lace. I let that dry. Then, one nail at a time, plaster on top coat and quickly put on the lace and pat it down with tweezers or nail clippers. Once it is a bit more tacky, you can use your fingers to press it down.
I put a top coat on my pinky finger but it darkened the lace so left it off the rest (as you can see in the picture)



Considering this was my first time, I'm quite pleased with the results. I think next time I would prefer a dark lace and light shade of polish.

I used:
Base Colour: L'Oreal LaquiResist 838 - Really old, bought it from the local market
Top Coat: NYC High Shine Top Coat
Lace: £1.35/metre from Hobbycraft (:

No comments:

Post a Comment