Sunday, April 11, 2010

Essie Lapis of Luxury & Konad Plate M54

Good morning, Dear Reader!

For today's Nails of the Day, I broke out a new-to-me Konad plate from my recent WSC order, plate M54.  It's a cool plate with a whole bunch of different floral patterns, so rather than go my usual route of using one patterns, I made a garden manicure using five from that plate.  Just to be extra fancy, I used more than one color for the stamps, using all Konad polishes.

The base color I used was Essie Lapis of Luxury.  Not exactly a garden color, but it's a sky color, and I needed my greens to show up on the base.  I took the pictures under artificial light at a lower light setting than I normally use to reduce glare.  The colors appear a bit darker than they actually are as a result.

Essie Lapis of Luxury with Konad Plate M54
Essie Lapis of Luxury and Konad Plate M54 in Various Konad Polishes

Essie Lapis of Luxury with Konad Plate M54, Close View
Essie Lapis of Luxury and Konad Plate M54, Closer View

Getting the colors right took a few tries - the order in which I applied them to the plate mattered, and they still aren't quite perfect - you can see my butterfly has bright pink legs rather than black, but if that's as bad as it gets, I can live with it.  After the effort involved in this one, I didn't want to risk smudging the stamps, so I used Konad top coat, then a coat of quick dry top coat.

That's my fancy-schmancy Konadicure, and I really like it.

That's also all I have for you this morning, so until next time, love and nail polish to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment