Sunday, April 4, 2010

Konad Plate M79: Lots of Dots

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I've been ready to go a friend's for hours now (the down side to being an early riser is all the waiting...), so I played with Konad.  The manicure I did last night looked better, I think, but I've busied myself while watching a movie and waiting, so it all evens out.

I was going to go with a pastel many-colored mani, so I started with a base of Nubar Lavender, then China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Re-Fresh Mint, Peachy Keen, and Something Sweet, in that order.

China Glaze Pastel Nail Polish
Lots of Pastel Nail Polish!



































I've heard the China Glaze Up and Away colors had application issues, and they were thick, but applied fine for me and were good in three coats.  Anyhow, that burned up about fifteen minutes, so I took out Konad Plate M79 and added polka dots in White Konad Special Polish.

China Glaze Pastel Nail Polish with Konad Plate M79
Pastels with Lots of Dots from Konad Plate M79



































See how my tips are just a little too long for the dots?  That meant it was time to use Konad Plate M19 to fill in tips, of course using a zillion colors.

China Glaze Pastel Nail Polish with Konad Plate M79 and Konad Plate M19
Quite A Bit Going On Here...



































So now I looks at my hands and am reminded of the circus.  It was a nice idea, but I went a little over the top with it.  I like the overall look of the pattern, it's just a bit much in all the colors.  With half an hour left on my movie, I did a quick presto change-o to Essie Lapis of Luxury, a two coater, with the M79 dots in Pink Konad Special Polish and the M19 tips in Violet Pearl.

Essie Lapis of Luxury Nail Polish with Konad Plate M79 and Konad Plate M19
Essie Lapis of Luxury with Konad M79 Dots and M19 Tips



































So I've managed to burn some time, and I'm off to my friend's for a little Easter gathering with lots and lots of dots.

I hope your Easter is fun, and love and nail polish to you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment