Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jewelry Nails

Good morning, Dear Reader!

The other morning as I had coffee I opened the embarrassingly large WSC order I'd placed, and yet again the fake pink pearl and gemstone Rhinestone Glam decals were calling my name too loudly to resist.

This time, I wanted my nails to look like jewelry, and spent a while thinking of a silver that would look like white gold when I finally thought of Nubar Platinum.  It really is the color of platinum, so it was perfect for what I wanted.  I used two coats of Platinum with top coat, then let it dry for a bit and added my decals.  The placement's not perfect, I'm still working on that, but here's the manicure.

Nubar Platinum Nail Polish and Pink Pearl Konad Rhinestone Glam
Nubar Platinum Nail Polish and Pink Pearl Konad Rhinestone Glam Decals
Later, I got an equally embarrassingly large order from VNS that I mentioned already, which contained some Art Club kits.

The art club kits are cool as heck - they have stripers, various beads and things, decals, they're great.  I had to dig into the Pretty Shiny Things kit because who loves pretty shiny things more than I do?  That kit's metallics, with copper, silver, and light gold glitter stripers, so I started with a yellow gold base of Nubar 24K.  I figured for playing with an art kit, I'd be better off using 24K than Chanel Gold Fiction...

Then I just went nuts with the kit.  I had fun, and my hands are essentially a sampler of the items in the kit.

Nubar 24K Nail Polish and Art Club Pretty Shiny Things
Nubar 24K Nail Polish and Art Club Pretty Shiny Things Nail Art Kit
Far from elegant, well into the realm of fun.

Those are my jewelry nails from yesterday, and if nothing else, I had fun making them.  That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment