Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chanel Illusion D'Or Swatches

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I've been using swatching as a tool of procrastination, and have Chanel Illusion D'Or swatches for you.  Since it's precious, I only did one base color per nail, and have nine combinations to show you - eight swatches and one manicure.

Each is two coats of the base color and one coat of Illusion D'Or in natural light.  Lets get to the pictures!

You'll see I used mattes where I could, that was for their drying time.  First up is Rimmel Midnight Blue (dark blue shimmer), Orly Blue Suede (medium blue creme), Nubar Costa Rica Coral (coral creme), and Orly Purple Velvet (medium purple creme).  Of this batch, I most like the coral.

Chanel Illusion D'Or Swatches over Rimmel Midnight Blue, Orly Blue Suede, Nubar Costa Rica Coral, and Orly Purple Velvet
Chanel Illusion D'Or Swatched over Rimmel Midnight Blue, Orly Blue Suede, Nubar Costa Rica Coral,
and Orly Purple Velvet
The next batch of swatches are over Nubar Torrid Red (dark red shimmer, too close to Bitches Brew - I should have used a lighter one), SpaRitual Spread Your Wings (medium red jelly), Nubar Silver Sword (silver shimmer, I thought the contrast would be cool but Illusion D'Or is totally faded out), and Diamond Matte Black.  Of this batch, I like the black the best.

Chanel Illusion D'Or Swatches over Nubar Torrid Red, SpaRitual Spread Your Wings, Nubar Silver Sword, and Diamond Matte Black
Chanel Illusion D'Or Swatched over Nubar Torrid Red, SpaRitual Spread Your Wings, Nubar Silver Sword,
and Diamond Matte Black

Finally, the manicure I had in mind.  I thought Illusion D'Or would look cool over a purple shimmer, so I used my favorite, Nubar Pasadena Purple.  I absolutely love it.  Like the others, it's two  coats of the base color and one of Illusion D'Or.

Chanel Illusion D'Or Nail Polish with Nubar Pasadena Purple Nail Polish
Chanel Illusion D'Or over Nubar Pasadena Purple

Those are the colors I was most interested in seeing Illusion D'Or over.  The silver was the iggest disappointment, the coral the biggest success, I think.  I suppose I'll have to quit procrastinating now and do real work!

Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment