Friday, April 16, 2010

Revlon Grape Icy & Konad M53

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I ended up having a little problem with my Revlon Cotton Candy yesterday - it bubbled like made.  I didn't know of it was the polish or something I did, so I did a do-over with Grape Icy.

It turns out it was my fault.  I'm a nail polish bottle shaker.  You're supposed to roll them between your hands to prevent bubbles, but I throw caution to the wind and shake the heck out of them.  I noticed that as I was walking from one room to another with Grape Icy - I was absentmindedly shaking the it like mad.  I could see the bubbles I'd make in it, so I let it rest for about an hour before going for my do-over.

The do-over was fine - it seems these are picky about how they're handled to prevent bubbling, but I'm letting that slide, since I got to sniff grape-scented nails as I drifted off to sleep.  After I did the three coats of Grape Icy (it's hard for me to type that - it's spelled "icee" here!) and top-coated it, I decided to Konad it with one of my new-to-me Konad plates.  I used M53 and the new Pastel Violet Konad Special Polish, and I love it.  This is the last of the sun I could find, so it's not the best picture, but you can see the manicure.

Revlon Grape Icy Nail Polish and Konad M53
Revlon Grape Icy Nail Polish and Konad M53 in Pastel Violet Konad Special Polish
So I got to wear purple on purple, and grape scented to boot!

I was able to go get the other cool thing yesterday, the Chanel Illusion d'Or or whatever it's called - I haven't even opened the box yet, but the glittery one from the gold and black limited editions.  I'm excited about it, but I figured you'll be seeing those polishes all over online on the next few days.  It was the glittery one, a gold shimmer called Gold Lame, and a black satin finish one called Black Velvet.  I passed on the second two because I love Gold Fiction and can make any black a satin with Nubar V for Men, and the novelty factor wasn't sufficient to sway me.

Meanwhile, I thought you won't be seeing these Revlons all over, and you kind of have to know what you want if you see a display - there are two of each color in it, that's all.  What I've found so far is they're three coaters you cannot shake, have a slightly longer than average dry time, but are really scented, and nicely.  I had to go to a meeting the second after I posted the swatches of the Scents of Summer Collection yesterday, and I had the air conditioner on in the car because I have allergies living in this area that is one big pollen festival right now.  Within just a couple of minutes, my whole care was lightly scented with the polish - it made me laugh a little because I envisioned painting a little picture with them on paper and having it dangle from my rear view mirror.

So that's it for now, Dear Reader.  My plan is to try out another Scents of Summer polish today and see how it does with the bubbles and drying time.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment