Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, Dear Reader!

For those of you who celebrate, I hope all goes perfectly, and for those who don't, the subject here is manicures anyhow, so it's okay.

I'm not celebrating today - with my mom gone and my dad not being a celebrator of anything, not much happens. I suppose I'll have a quiet thought here and there that counts as acknowledging the day, and I did do an Easter mani even though it won't be seen much.

I started with (of course) the Konad Rhinestone Glam decals. I picked out fake pearl and rhinestone ones, and then went on a hunt for nail polish. I thought pastel yellow at first, but after holding the decals up to a couple of bottles of polish, I settled on Illamasqua Wink (the lavender one). This is my Easter mani, and I'm really happy with it.

Konad Rhinestone Glam Decals over Illamasqua Wink
Konad Rhinestone Glam Decals over Illamasqua Wink Nail Polish
Konad Pearl Rhinestone Glam Decals over Two Coats Illamasqua Wink Nail Polish

That manicure survived a hair-washing intact, if you can believe that!

I figured today I'd also catch you up on pictures from the last week, when I've been showing you swatches. I've gone to town with decals lately, the phase has to end soon, but in the meantime they make me happy.

First, this manicure has the single largest rhinestone decal I've ever seen, but the mani lasted 24 hours without incident. I used two coats of Nubar Enchanting Red, then added silver, gold, and clear rhinestone Konad Glam decals. I think I ordered I bunch more of this decal ion that embarrassingly large Konad order I mentioned. They're great.

Konad Rhinestone Glam Decals over Nubar Enchanting Red
Konad Silver Gold Rhinestone Glam Decals over Nubar Enchanting Red Nail Polish
Konad Silver & Gold Rhinestone Glam Decals over Two Coats Nubar Enchanting Red Nail Polish

The last Rhinestone Glam decal mani is Rimmel Midnight Blue with silver and clear rhinestone decals. It looks a little Wintery to me, like snowflakes.

Konad Rhinestone Glam Decals over Rimmel Midnight Blue
Konad Silver Rhinestone Glam Decals over Rimmel Midnight Blue Nail Polish
Konad Silver Rhinestone Glam Decals over Two Coats Rimmel Midnight Blue Nail Polish

Then I have one Spring mani using Konad 3D decals over SpaRitual Yes, I Can.

Konad 3D Decals over SpaRitual Yes, I Can
Konad 3D Decals over SpaRitual Yes, I Can Polish
Konad 3D Decals over Two Coats SpaRitual Yes, I Can Nail Polish

The last one, I tried out the Konad Bead Tattoo decals. I used two coats of Color Club Sakura Glow over two coats of Nubar Pink Creme, then added one decal for an accent nail.

Konad Bead Tattoo Decals over Pink
Konad 3D Decals over Pink Polish
Konad Bead Tattoo Decals over Two Pink Nail Polishes

I'm having an absolute blast with decals, as you can see. What I like is the variety (bead, 3D, rhinestone, hologram), and that there's so little effort involved in making a mani more fun.

So that's all I have for you now, Dear Reader. Enjoy your Easter, and love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment