Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sephora by OPI Havana Nights Collection

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday I got Sephora by OPI's Havana Nights Collection, and I have swatches for you today.  I took the pictures yesterday in moderate natural light.  I can't really say much in general about the collection - it's really all over the place with respect to application, number of coats, color, finish... I'll just tell you about each with the picture.

Havana Dreams is a very pale pastel blue, and took three medium coats to be opaque.  It was tricky to keep this one from being streaky.

Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

Read My Palm was one a was looking forward to, a light green creme.  It's a bit darker than Chanel Jade (I just compared bottles), and not minty.  It was good in two coats and easy to apply.

Sephora by OPI Read My Palm Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Read My Palm Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

Caribbean Cocktail is a great medium blue shimmer with the little microglitter bits that are in a lot of Sephora by OPI polishes, and they're silver.  This one took three coats to be reasonably opaque, and applied relatively well.

Sephora by OPI Caribbean Cocktail Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Caribbean Cocktail Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

Caliente Coral is a creme so caliente I'd call it orange, not coral.  It took three coats and applied well.

Sephora by OPI Caliente Coral Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Caliente Coral Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

Teal We Meet Again is another I was excited about, a teal shimmer, but it's bluer than I'd hoped for.  On the up side, it was good in two coats and applied very well.

Sephora by OPI Teal We Meet Again Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Teal We Meet Again Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

Finally, the surprise of the bunch, Rumba Romance.  It's really bold brassy gold microglitter in a clear base, and three thin coats made for metallic nails.  This one is a full manicure with top coat.

Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance Nail Polish from Havana Nights
Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance Nail Polish from the Havana Nights Collection

That's the Havana Nights Collection from Sephora by OPI, and all but Teal We Meet Again and Rumba Romance are limited edition.  

My favorites based upon application and color are Rumba Romance and Read My Palm, although I definitely see wearing the other four.  Caliente Coral is a great bright for summer, and Havana Dreams is a delicate enough shade of blue to warrant being a little high maintenance.  Teal We Meet Again and Caribbean Cocktail strike me as more Fall/Winter colors, but they'll keep until then - I do like both.

That's the update this morning, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment